"A blank slate with infinite possibilities."
- The current tent has been too small to accommodate a number of ministry events in the past two years, such as the FCCNS Open House, Sunday Night FLY events, Fundraisers, concerts, and other events.
- The current uneven ground presents a safety hazard.
- The pavilion will more than double the size of the current tent (800 sq ft vs. 1800).
- The utilization of ceiling fans for hot days and patio heaters for cooler days will extend the period of time we can utilize the space.
- Electricity, lights, drop-down projector screen & outdoor speakers will expand how the space is used.
- Ease of setup and flexibility of usage.
- Every ministry team will be able to use it!
- Events that have been & could continue to be hosted in this outdoor space with more ease, greater functionality and improved safety are:
- Daily FCCNS program events
- FLY events & FUNdraisers
- Summer worship services
- LIFT events
- Children’s events, such as VBS, Trunk or Treat, etc…
- Outdoor music concerts
- Rise Against Hunger
- 30’x60’ open-air structure on concrete located where our current tent is setup.
- Manufactured by Smith Steel Works in Utah.
- Beautiful glulam beams that match our Auditorium (the original Sanctuary).
- Tongue & groove deck.
- Maintence-free steel roof.
- Includes lights.
- In Oct. 2022, Pastor Peter shared the vision with church staff and was then supported by staff and the Property Board.
- In Nov. 2022, the vision was proposed to the Faith Leadership Board. FLB sent a document of questions back to the Pavilion Team, consisting of: Pastor Peter, Kay Gerlach, Kurt Finkbeiner, and Mari-Beth Schembri.
- In the winter, contractors were contacted and quotes were received by the team.
- In Feb. 2023, answers to FLB’s questions were submitted. FLB approved up to $12k to hire an architect/contractor for the project and provide a cost estimate.
- In March 2023, a financing strategy for the project was finalized for the proposal.
- On May 18, 2023, the Penfield Town Zoning Board of Appeals approved our application for an area variance and conditional use permit for the new pavilion.
- On May 30, 2023, FLB approved the project and the pavilion kit was ordered in June.
- The pavilion kit was ordered in June 2023 and it takes around 12 months to receive the kit.
- Concrete floor & footers will be completed in Spring 2024.
- Construction of the pavilion will occur in Summer 2024.
$86k for Pavilion Kit (Smith Steel Works)
$116k for Concrete & Construction (Andrew Fedick Contractors Inc)
$48k to cover the cost of upfront fees, gutters, and walkway; plus a cushion for unanticipated costs and price increases.
Extra Items: $50k for heaters, fans, tables, AV tech, and other needs to be determined once the pavilion is in use.
- $12,000 already allocated by FLB from the Ministry Expansion Reserve for upfront costs.
- We will utilize $56,400 of Memorial Gifts.
- Anonymous donation of $100,000 to be matched by funds given by congregation members or allocated from a loved one’s Memorial Fund.
Prayerfully consider how you can support this exciting project.
Your donation will be matched dollar for dollar - doubling your impact!
Thank you from our Pavilion Team
Paul reminds us in 1 Corinthians 4:1-2, “This how is how one should regard us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God. Moreover, it is required of stewards that they be found faithful."
We give thanks to God that as of September 5th we can announce we have received contributions from and sent thank you notes to 134 congregation and FCCNS households to result in a total of $274,743 received toward our Pavilion Project goal of $300,000! This goal includes the original $250,000 cost of the pavilion plus another $50,000 for enhancements to the project such as fans, heaters, AV Tech, and other needs to be determined once the pavilion is put into use. We have also received 10 pledges for the Pavilion Fund that are expected to be fulfilled sometime in the next few months and will then be included in our fund total.
The funds received to date include the $100,000 matching grant that was deposited into our account last week as we had met the $100,000 goal for that grant. Additional donors have stepped forward to match any remaining contributions received until we reach our funding goal of $300,000.
If you would like to give toward this exciting project and help to close the funding gap, you can still do so by giving online (on this webpage) or with a check with “Pavilion” in the memo line.
Thank you for your generosity and for choosing to be a part of this exciting next chapter of Faith’s history that will bless children, youth, and adults for years and decades to come. May God continue to bless you as we serve God together and move ministry forward!